What Is The Duty Of A Public Adjuster
A public adjuster is a professional claims handler/ claims adjusterwho advocates for the policyholder in appraising and negotiating a claimant’s insurance claim. A public adjuster is a representative of the policyholder who advises, manages, and submits a claim to the policyholder’s insurance company.
We Are Licensed In The State Of Illinois.
The public adjuster’s main responsibilities are to:
- Evaluate existing insurance policies in order to determine what coverage may be applicable to a claim
- Research, detail, and substantiate damage to buildings and contents and any additional expenses
- Evaluate business interruption losses and extra expense claims for businesses
- Determine values for settling covered damages
- Prepare, document and support the claim on behalf of the insured
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company on behalf of an insured
- Re-open a claim and negotiate for more money if a discrepancy is found after the claim has been settled